Tuesday 10 April 2018

Textured Heart Tag

Hello!

This week the theme on the Tando Creative blog is texture paste so I thought I would use a couple of my favourite types plus one that is new for me...


Because I wanted to use 3 different textures I decided to build up a tag using some different Tando Creative elements.  Most of them come from the Andy Skinner Eldaro kit with an extra large cog from the Industrial Elements and a smaller cog from the mini cogs selection.
I wanted to use some brighter colours but also still have a bit of a grungy effect so to start I coated all the pieces with some black gesso.
Using a palette knife I applied crackle paste to the heart.  Once dry it was painted using pyrole red then black antiquing cream added and once dried wiped back...


The large and smaller cog parts had sand texture paste added all over.  For this I just dabbed it on with my fingers.  Once this was dried I added burnt umber, burnt sienna and diarylide yellow paints.  Phthalo turquoise was then dry brushed across the top.  The wings were painted using pyrole orange and hansa yellow light to create a sunburst effect and then stamping using the Andy Skinner steampunk set was added using black archival ink...


The main tag was stencilled using the clear modelling paste (a new one for me) through the distressed sequins stencil.  Once dry I used a few shades of blue and attempted to rub back the colour on the stencilled areas.  This had varying success as I think I left the paint to dry for too long.  I added some gold gilding wax at the end to help bring the texture out.  Some more stamping was also added to the tag to match the wings...


Once all the pieces were glued together I added a sticker sentiment which I coloured with a blue paint wash and some ink around the edges.  Finally some rusty wire was attached to make a hanger.

Here are the links to the main products used:

* Andy Skinner Eldaro
* Andy Skinner Industrial Elements
* Distressed Sequins 4x4 Stencil
* Mini Cogs
* Decoart Texture Sand Paste
* Decoart Clear Modelling Paste
* Decoart White Crackle Paste
* Decoart Black Gesso
* Decoart Media Acrylic Paints
* Andy Skinner Steampunk Stamp Set

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments: