Friday 19 January 2018

Layered Butterfly Card

For this week's Anything Goes theme, I'm sharing a card I made for my mum's birthday:



I soaked one of the {Butterflies} for about an hour in water, then very carefully separated it into thin pieces and left them to dry completely. This was a whiteboard piece so I had the white layer as well.

I painted the greyboard parts with gesso and when dried, sprayed one of these and the white layer with the inks I'd sprayed onto the card base.

The other gessoed layer was stamped on using one stamp from the {Mish Mesh Stamp Set}.

I stamped and embossed onto the top layer and then stuck the layers together making sure every layer could still be seen.

I took a heart from the {Mini Hearts Set} and painted it then sprayed with spray ink. Once dry, this had a thick coat of {Liquid Glass}.


Everything was then stuck onto a card. The feathers are actually post it notes!



Kaz xxx

No comments: