Thursday 11 January 2018

Faux Metal week with Nikki



Hi everyone,

It's my turn today here on the Tando Blog, for Faux Metal week.  I inevitably included a lot of rust!

The background is a media board, stencilled with modelling paste, painted in silver, and then a wash of Payne's Grey with a little salt added.  Rub off the salt when dry for a weathered metal look.  I added Quinacridone Gold in certain areas and to the edges, and put some on thick in places, so that when heat dried it bubbled up, giving extra texture.


I gave a pair of wings Andy's Skinner's Rust treatment - and bound them in rusty wire.  The skull was a resin skull I had at home, painted in silver and then antiqued with Black Antiquing Cream.  I added some black stencilling to the background, just a couple of 'marks'.


I gave a book plate (minus it's bottom scroll) a quick rust technique in just two colours, Raw Umber and Pyrrole Orange, and the same with a couple of 'screws'.  Toxic Hazard was stamped onto card, and aged with Yellow Iron Oxide, then cut to fit the book plate.  Onced fixed to the background I added two holes to the top of my board with a Cropodile, and added some more rusty wire with curls.




I had great fun making this guy :)  Hope you like him too.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's makes this week too.

Happy Crafting,

Nikki K.
xxx

Products Used:

Tando Creative -
Book Plates
Media Board
Wings
Rusty Wire

DecoArt Media -
Quinacridone Gold
Payne's Grey
Metallic Silver
Yellow Iron Oxide
Black Antiquing Cream
Tinting Base
Modelling Paste
Sand Texture Paste

Andy Skinner Stamp -
Toxic