Friday 8 September 2017

Color Theme - Whimsical House Mixed Media Board

Whimsical House Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar

Hi friends! Dana here today sharing my take on the Color Theme this week. I was so inspired by the piece Carol shared on Monday that I decided to use a house as the focal point on my project. I have new houses on the brain because I just found out that I will be moving this coming June. I know time between now and my move will fly by, so I'm trying to create as many lasting memories as I can where I'm at before I have to leave.

I painted up a Mixed Media Board, Whimsical House (Set 1), Mini Flower, and the Arthur Numbers 5700, which is my current address, with DecoArt acrylic paint. I also used a piece of Grass Flexistrip, that I decided to leave raw for contrast. After I assembled my scene, I added colorful dots to the piece with the tip of my paintbrush handle.

I really love this color palette, especially the pop of purple, which I happily used to paint the door on this piece. I had painted my front door a much bolder purple when I moved in to my current house a couple years ago, and was just recently asked to repaint it an approved color by the neighborhood Home Owners Association.


You can find the products I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: