Tuesday 30 August 2016

Using Kate Crane's Mixology Journal for recipes

 Kaz here with my Ministry of Mixology project.

In an effort to try and improve my health as much as I can, I bought a NutriBullet and have been making smoothies for my lunch. I figured that a green smoothie has to have more beneficial nutrients than a bowl of cereal! And, who knew, you can buy pre-chopped frozen fruit. It takes as long and as much effort to make one than the usual cereal lunch I was having!

So to help me vary the smoothies, I've made a recipe journal using the {Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Journal}


I started off using {DecoArt White Modelling Paste} through the {Grid Round Stencil} and {Letters Stencil}. Once that was dry, I gave all the greyboard sheets a coat of gesso and then went to town with acrylic paints, pens and stamps, including {Kaffee Klatsch} by Natalie Kalbach for Stampendous.







I also used inspirational quotes I got from Pinterest to keep me going.

I can't say that it's improved my health, I'm still feeling as crap as ever, but I think it's good for my general health and having a spinach based fruit smoothie everyday can only help that. I love the taste - my fave is spinach, banana, peach and oats - and surprisingly, it does keep you full up.

The journal comes with the rings and you can also buy {more inserts} so they are very flexible in their use.

Kaz xxx

No comments: