Saturday 11 June 2016

Use Spray Inks with Lisa

Hello!!! I hope the sun has been shining for you all.... Lisa here with my creation for this weeks theme - 'use spray inks'. I was so excited about this theme, another chance to get mucky paws!!!

Here is my creation...



I used the Tando 152mm x 152mm Printer Tray (with stand) but wanted to use it in a different way. 
I added a layer of DecoArt Crackle Paint to the frame and left it to dry.




I took the gesso painted background board and arranged the Tando embellishments on top.

When I was happy with the placement, I adhered everything and added a selection of microbeads, seed beads and other shaped beads.
painted the whole thing with DecoArt Media Colbalt Turquoise Hue Acrylic Paint and a layer of DecoArt Weathered Wood, then painted it with white gesso. 




Then comes the fun part.... the sprays. 
For this part I used DecoArt Media Misters and DecoArt Media Shimmer Misters. (Sooooo much FUN!!!) Although technically not ink.... they spray so....

When the Misters dried, I added DecoArt Titanium White and Carbon Black Antiquing Cream around the cogs to create shadows underneath.




I wanted the frame to be included but look different than just a frame around boxed areas. So I cut of section of the frame in areas to open the boxes up more in to one focus point. I then sprayed the frame with the selection of Misters.




To add a finishing touch and a bit of shimmer, I added touches of Gilding Wax over the raised areas.




I hope you like what I have done with the theme this week and if you would like some more inspiration and a toot at some more pics, pop over to my blog HERE


Bits and Pieces I used...
152mm Printer Tray, 
4 clocks small,
Rustic Stars,
Grab Bag - cogs,
Minis - arrows.

Mini Printer Tray 152mm x 152mm with stand   Cogs Grab bag  Tando Mini's - Arrows   Rustic Stars  4 Clocks Small

Thanks for popping by,
hope to see you again soon,
Lisa xxx

No comments: