Friday 24 June 2016

Under the Sea and a new Facebook Group

A rare crafting moment for me and I'm thrilled to be posting on the Tando blog for the first time in ages.

For my Under the Sea theme I used the new BULLRUSHES chippie and the fish from the BOAT HANGING kit.  Everything has been mounted up onto an MDF circle, these occasionally appear in the shop as they are generally just the unwanted part of another project so keep your eyes peeled for them :)

I first embossed a piece of card and glued this roughly to the middle of the circle, tear the edges of the card so you don't get an obvious join mark.  I then took some raffia lace and some tiny beads and randomly glued them around the circle, I then added CRACKLE PASTE liberally in a few areas.

Once dry I painted the whole piece with FLUID ACRYLICS, a mixture of Pthalo Turquoise mixed with TINTING BASE.  I then added some shading with Prussian Blue Hue and unmixed Pthalo Turquoise.

I then got out a variety of METALLIC LUSTRES, I used a combination of Lavish Green, Orange Flicker and Copper Kettle, just gently picking up the texture until I was happy with the look.

The Bullrushes were run through and embossing folder and then painted with washes of Turquoise and Green Gold and I touched up the texture with the Silver Metallic Lustre.  I then glued them down and covered the base with some corregated card, this again was painted in the Turquoise and Prussian blue hue before finally touching up with the metallic lustres.

I gessoed the fish and created some texture on it, then it was painted with a mixture of orange and tinting base and also gave it a little shimmer with the lustres.



We have a new facebook group where you can post up your creations, join in competitions and be the first to hear about special offers, events, workshops and retreats.  Find us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/TandoCreativeZone/

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wonderful to see you crafting Di! This is just gorgeous!!! x