Tuesday 14 June 2016

Rainbow City Mixed Media Board


Hi friends! Dana here today sharing a mixed media board for the Anything Goes theme this week. I created this piece to honor the victims of the recent tragic mass shooting in Orlando. I hope that we can find a way to stop these senseless acts of violence.

I began by painting a Mixed Media Board with gesso and then a layer of Tattered Angels Pewter Glaze. I used the Stampendous Urban Scribble Rubber Stamp designed by Nathalie Kalbach with black archival ink to add the city scene to the board. I added some black thread and sentiment stickers that I distressed slightly with ink.

I topped this piece with a rainbow from the Rainbow and Elements Set. I used Stampendous Hot Neon Fragments to cover the chipboard and then sealed it with a layer of glaze.

You can find the chipboard that I used for this piece in the Tando Creative Retail Store! Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Sue said...

This is fabulous, I love this stamp and you stitching xx