Monday 13 June 2016

ANYTHING GOES - Rocking Horse

Hello everyone!  I am back after a much needed break and raring to go again :-D  Today sees the start of another 'Anything Goes' week and I am here to show you a *Rocking Horse* that I have made up.  You get 2 in a pack and I used 2 packs of MDF ones (you get a choice of greyboard or MDF) and glued them together so that my Rocking Horse is free-standing. 


After glueing them together I painted gel medium around the edges to make it easier to add the blue acrylic as sometimes you need several coats to cover them!  The main body was painted in an off white then stamped with a crackle stamp.  My 1st idea was to add bright flowers but I guess the mood wasn't there as I found myself making a leather saddle etc!  A teensy flower button was added to the bridle.


I am liking this idea to make the animals free-standing so may have a go at the reindeers nearer Christmas :-D

Thank you for taking a look today, HUGS, Karen x

4 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Love this Karen xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Karen, I love the crackle, and the fact that it's free standing xx

ionabunny said...

Hi Karen. You are back with a bang! This is so cool. I have horsey friends who would just love this idea. It's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Hugz

G Peplow said...

Texture is fab and I love the leather too, great job :D x