Tuesday 1 March 2016

Some upcycling!

Hello, its Karen here with a bit of upcycling for you using this months colour theme.  I have altered a cat food container into a holder for my little art journals....


The colour theme for March...



The box before...


The box had a couple of layers of gesso before I painted it with the darker green.  When dry I covered it with PVA and, while still wet, added some pale pink.  The flowers are made from circles from the *circles grab bag*.  I painted these with DecoArt Primary Yellow and while still wet added flicks of DecoArt Magenta.  They look very messy but much better when I had stamped and embossed flowers over the top.


The *leaves* were painted in the darker green and brown. You can see how they look better in the top picture.  The stems are painted coffee stirrers.

Thank you for taking a look today, take care, Karen x

1 comment:

Carol Plume said...

this is fab Karen, love it xx