Saturday 6 February 2016

Birds In The Barn - February Colour Theme

Hi folks, Lisa here with today's post for this months colour challenge.

This months colour chart is a gorgeous selection of lemon, lime, greys and blue.


Here is my creation...

birds in the barn


I used the Mini House Printer Tray, Owls chipboard pieces, Minis Owls 2 and the Leaf Branch With Cut Out Leaves from Tando.

To create the printer tray background colour I used white and black gesso to make grey tones. When dry I then randomly dry brushed DecoArt Colbalt Teal Hue and Green Gold over the top. 

background colour


I painted the Minis Owls 2 grey, green gold and primary yellow using the DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics. And I used Colbalt Teal Hue and grey for the other Owls.

twitttttt

twoooooo

Using the Tando Leaf Branch with Cut Out Leaves, I cut all the leaves off the branch and painted them green and yellow using quite a thick layer of paint. 

leaf branch with cut out leaves


I then arranged the pieces in to and on the house frame to create a bit of depth. 

birds in the barn



bits and pieces I used...

Mini house printer tray
Owls
Minis owls 2
Leaf branch with cut out leaves

DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
Cobalt Teal Hue 
Green Gold
Primary Yellow

Other... 
Black gesso
Whote gesso

Mini House Printer Tray 174mm x 114mm   Owls   Tando Mini's - Owls 2  Leaf branch with cut out leaves.



Thanks for popping by.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just adorable Lisa. So love how you did the background colors too. And your owls are just sooooo precious. We really have had owl babies born in our barn!!!! So fun to watch too! So this really makes me smile. j.