Tuesday 15 December 2015

Winter Holidays with Lisa

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my creation for Tando. Our theme this week is Winter Holidays. 

This week I chose a plain (and lets face it, pretty boring)box to jazz up and alter. 

Here is my creation... 







I started with covering the box with a light teal blue DecoArt paint which I watered down a lot to create a washy feel. Then gave the lid of the box and the four sides a good coat with DecoArt Weathered Wood. Then I applied a coat of DecoArt Crackle Paint. By using both DecoArt products produces mega cracks, huge, HUGE cracks!!! 





I then made a muddy browny grey colour wash, then went over it with Stazon Ganache to create more tones. I finished the box off by swiping over white Gesso with a dry tissue.



On to the decoration...


To decorate the box I used lots of Tando goodies. 
I added DecoArt Sand Texture Paste to the snowflakes, wonky trees and on the wing and breast of the robins.








I then painted all the pieces and rubbed some metallic gold to the texture paste pieces. To finish, I went over all the bits with the Stazon Ganache ink. 








I hope you like my Winter Holidays Box. If you would like to see it in more detail please visit my blog. I would love to hear your thoughts so leave a comment if you can. 


Here are all the fantastic Tando goodies I used which are all available on the website. 

Reindeer small trotting
5 snowflakes
Minis wonky trees 
Robins pack of 6



Reindeer Small Trotting     Pack of 5 snowflakes    Tando Mini's Wonky Trees   Robins pack of 6


Thanks for popping by, hope to see you over at the challenge. 

Toodles for now, Lisa xxx

No comments: