Tuesday 6 October 2015

October's Colour Theme by Karen

These are really Autumnal Colours for this week aren't they?  A mix of browns, rusts & soft orange. 



I keep trying to tell my camera that I have it right, I promise!


I have used a *Media Board* as my base.  Then I went to my *DecoArt* stash of paints & mediums. I painted it 1st with the paler orange (after mixing a few colours together to get what I wanted) then added some *Crackle Paint* mixed with *Titan Buff*.  When it was all dry and cracked I rubbed over some *Red Oxide Antiquing Cream*, rubbing it back so that it only settled in the cracks.  Then I rubbed some *Burnt Umber* around the edges.

Next I took the *Rectangle Grid* and cut across one corner with a craft knife.  Taking out the pieces I painted the frame with the Burnt Umber and the pieces with a mix of the other colours I had used.  This will leave me plenty for another project.


After attaching the pieces as shown I stamped & embossed the house with copper embossing powder and added paint before attaching.  There is a magnet on the back.

If you would like to join in with our themes then please take a look at the top of the Blog for the tab for this month.  Lots of lovely prizes to be won :-p.

Take care, Karen xxx

3 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Amazing piece Karen! I absolutely love the colored rectangles!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous make sweetie, just my colours x x x x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi got to get some rectangle grid, really love what you have created. x