Saturday 17 October 2015

Halloween Use an embossing folder with Dee


Hi everyone this is the first of three post's with my favourite topic
Halloween by the end of the month you will have 
seen all three and hopefully you will have 
joined in with us.
Warning!!!
 This piece is very over the top.
I used as always the very versatile mixed media board's for 
this project. I did put it through my machine and it did
 work but the plates weren't to happy and it did bend them. 
I don't think you should do this so if you emboss a heavy weight 
card then glue it onto the media board
 with deco page glue. this could work even better as you could 
rough up and tear the edges to give a grungy look.

(Please see the footnote at the end of this post regarding using an embossing folder). 

Next i coloured it with Deco art paints in various colours and 
highlighted antiquing cream & with treasure gold.

I had a strip of stamped card that had been colour washed with 
Deco art. I used this as a banner across the board.


I tripple embossed black card with gold embossing powder
and stamped the skull into while still hot.
Be careful not to burn yourself!!!

The butterfly was stamped on to white card and coloured 
with distress inks.
Close up's
More photo's
I sometimes us alcohol inks to colour the embossed pieces.
I really love this butterfly stamp.
That's it hope the photo's didn't bore you and that you like the piece.
Why not join in with us and show us what you can do 
with an embossing folder.


PRODUCTS USED

  1. Tando Creative Mixed Media Boards 80mm x 116mm
  2. Deco Art media fluid acrylics

Just a footnote to this post.  Dee has quite rightly given her accurate account when using the board through an embossing folder.  However, it has been done very successfully so please do experiment yourself before making up your mind.  Adjusting the thickness of the carrier plates will give you a good result without damaging the plates.




No comments: