Saturday 26 September 2015

Book Cover

Hi, Liz here with a Book Cover I have done using one of the squared off book cover kits, chipboard pieces and some of the Deco Art media too,

I used a couple of the stencil/ masks on the long length at both sides using modeling paste, then stuck the squares onto the corners, I then painted the whole piece with white gesso, when dry I added some dry wall tape here and there for added texture,
I then sprayed on top with shimmer misters dabbing with a paper towel as I heat dried the colours, this gives a little texture too,
I kept adding bits of colour till I liked the result, on top of this here and there I took a small  clear stamp and holding it in my hand placed it where I wanted to add the design,
The middle section I began by layering up the bookplate that comes with the kit, on top of that I added some metal embellishments, chipboard pieces, a flower, light bulb, keys and chipboard letters, when adhered and set i coated the whole thing with white Gesso then painted on top with silks and waxes, on the letters I also used the same clear stamp with black archival ink,

Tando Creative items used:

Book Cover Kit - Squared Off


Deco art Media 

If you fancy joining us for any of this months themes, check out the link above,
Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

1 comment:

Karen said...

Beautiful work! x